WILL YOU ACCEPT A VERY IMPORTANT AND TIME-SENSITIVE ASSIGNMENT?
The Texas Legislative Prayer Caucus Network has resolved to reinforce a PRAYER SHIELD over each and every Texas State Representative and State Senator, their families and staff from now until the end of the 85th Legislative session in May 29, 2017. There are 150 State Representatives and 31 State Senators. Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to pray for the one representative and one senator GOD has placed in authority over you and your family. Will you “adopt” your lawmakers? You can find out who they are at the link below.
The challenges and pressures our legislators face are enormous, in both the visible and invisible realms. We, too, have a great responsibility that has been given to us by GOD, whose Word instructs us: “First of all…Pray for…all those who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of GOD our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. I Timothy 2:1-3.
See the need and want to stand in the gap? Here’s your Prayer Sheet Team Assignment:
1. Pray daily for your state respresentative and state senator.
2. Send brief, periodic notes of encouragement and hand-written messages. Consider including 3×5 cards with Scripture promises or the verses you are praying over them.
3. Check our Texas Prayer Caucus Facebook for new and prayer points.
4. Sign up for weekly alerts about threats to our religious freedom at TexasPrayerCaucus.com.
5. Let me hear from you so we know our lawmakers are covered in prayer. Email or message me the following:
Your Name, Address, Phone, Email, Church/Organization, the Representative and Senator you are “adopting” in prayer. Share your House and Senate districts, if you can.
Invite your praying friends across Texas to join us. The time is short. There is nothing wrong with Texas (or any of us) that a miracle would not cure and anything less than that won’t make much difference…. so we PRAY, petitioning the Sovereign of the Universe, our Great God and King, who is worthy of our confidence and who delights to answer the prayers of His children. (I John 5:13-15)
State Director, Texas Prayer Caucus Network